Back to Careers
Test Engineer (Level 1)
- Company: SnapAV
- Location: US – Charlotte, NC
- Position: Test Engineer (Level 1)
Who We Are
SnapAV is not your typical company. That's because we don't hire "typical" people. Our success is built around an amazing team of A-players who dream big and deliver results that are even bigger. We are passionate about what we do and we feed on the contagious enthusiasm of others. We aren't afraid to make mistakes along the way in order to do great things – and in the process, we are completely changing an industry.
What We Do
To change an industry takes an intense focus on the customer. They love what we do, because we deeply understand what they do. Our team uses this knowledge to design, manufacture and distribute more than 1,300 high-quality audio/video products that are sold to installation professionals throughout North America. Our intense customer focus has fueled our rapid growth, and in 2010 we were recognized on the Inc. 500. We aren't slowing down any time soon – which means we're looking for the right people to join our team and help move us forward.
What You Do
SnapAV is seeking a motivated and dynamic professional to fill the position of a Test Engineer. The candidate must be comfortable learning new skills and working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is goal oriented and emphasizes accountability for delivering results.
The mission of the Test Engineer is to develop and implement test programs that will effectively validate and consistently deliver reliable products which meets or exceeds dealer expectations.
- Persistent/Dependable: Demonstrates tenacity and the ability to overcome obstacles. Can be relied upon to get the job done with minimal supervision, but is not afraid to seek guidance when required.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant results with minimal wasted effort.
- Creativity/innovation: Able to recognize and act when new and innovative approaches to problems are required.
- Analytical Skills: Able to process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful, actionable conclusions.
- Troubleshooting: Possesses exceptional troubleshooting skills with an understanding of the goals of hardware and software testing.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours when necessary, to get the job done.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to and effectively collaborates with peers in a positive, results oriented team environment.
- Ownership: Passionate about work and exhibits a strong work ethic. Acts selflessly and seeks what is best for the company.
- Integrity: Always tells the truth and is quick to admit mistakes. Only says things about fellow employees that he/she would say to their face.
- Communication: Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Always treats others with respect and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Innovation: Generates new solutions to problems. Challenges prevailing assumptions when warranted and suggests better approaches.
- Impact: Consistently demonstrates strong performance and focuses on great results. Exhibits a bias to action, not analysis paralysis.
- Provide feedback to ensure that the products are thoughtfully designed and appropriately featured to solve dealer pain points.
- Develop test plans to simulate use cases provided by the product specification to validate the features, specifications, hardware and/or software, industrial design, usability, and installer experience.
- Perform testing per test plan using test management software, log issues in problem tracking tool, identify root cause and clearly document solutions.
- Evaluate processes and processes for continuous improvement opportunities to improve efficiencies and provide scalability.
- Perform Hardware Stress techniques including ESD, Surge, and Thermal testing to ensure product reliability.
- Analyze failures and their relationship to the applied use cases and recommend corresponding corrective measures.
- Assess risks in real-time and use engineering judgment to elevate risk to management.
- Executing test plans within the agreed time frame.
- Executing all deliverables for each Product Development Phase.
- Delivering consistent testing reports and project management using test tracking tools.
- Optimized test Processes that enables efficiencies and scalability.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Hobbyist who enjoys building and customizing Audio/Video systems.
- Knowledge of test lab environment and test equipment.
- Eagerness to learn and apply product Life cycle testing practices.
- In depth knowledge of both analog and digital circuitry as it applies to Consumer Electronics.
- Experience in developing and maintaining processes, plans and procedures..
- Experience in writing reports, discrepancy descriptions, analyze situations, and recommend solutions.
Download the job description
- Base salary (and bonus)
- Health insurance
- Matching 401k subject to plan terms
- Two weeks of paid time off (PTO) based on the company handbook
- 9 paid holidays
Send resumes and cover letters to Robert Steiner at email@example.com