Surge Protector Equipment and Connected Equipment Replacement Policy
This Surge Protection Equipment and Connected Equipment Replacement Policy (“Policy”) provides additional protection to owners of certain Wirepath Home System, LLC (the “Company”) surge protection products that reference this Policy on their respective product pages (“Covered Surge Protection Products”). Note that these Covered Surge Protection Products are still subject to the Company’s Standard Limited Hardware Warranty located at https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/snapav-warranty (the “Limited Hardware Warranty”) for damage or malfunction of the Covered Surge Protection Products themselves, but we offer addition coverage for damage to products connected to a Covered Surge Protection Product if such Covered Surge Protection Product fails, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this Policy.
Surge Damage Replacement Policy
Valid only in the United States and Canada. If your Covered Surge Protection Product sacrifices itself while protecting your connected equipment during its Warranty Period, you may request a replacement product, which may be satisfied, at the Company’s discretion, by providing you with a product that is substantially functionally equivalent to the damaged Covered Surge Protection Product. The Warranty Period for your Covered Surge Protection Product can be found on the specific product page on the Company’s website, https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/home. In order to make such a request, you must follow the procedures for obtaining warranty service outlined in Section 3 below [NOTIFICATION].
Connected Equipment Replacement Policy
Valid only in the United States and Canada. It is the policy of Company that it will, in its sole discretion, replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair equipment that is damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone, or lightning surge while connected to a properly installed Covered Surge Protection Product during its Warranty Period. COMPANY’S RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM DOLLAR AMOUNT THAT IS LISTED ON THE COVERED SURGE PROTECTION PRODUCT PAGE ON THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE UNDER THE CONNECTED EQUIPMENT GUARANTEE (https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/power), OR, IF NONE, THEN $25,000. Company must determine that the Covered Surge Protection Product shows signs of surge damage or is performing below its design specifications, relative to its surge protection capability, and under all the circumstances failed to protect the connected equipment.
THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO THE ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS BELOW:
1. PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIRED: This Policy extends to the original purchaser of the Covered Surge Protection Product only and is non-transferable. Original purchase receipts must accompany any product return or claim for connected equipment damage. Covered Surge Protection Products purchased outside of Company’s internet website do not carry valid Connected Equipment Protection Policy protection unless purchased from an Authorized Company Dealer.
2. PROPER INSTALLATION: Company AC surge protectors must be directly plugged into a properly grounded 3-wire AC outlet. Extension cords, non-grounded two prong adapters, or other non-Covered Surge Protection Products must not be used. Building wiring and other connections to protected equipment must conform to applicable codes (NEC or CEC). No other ground wires or ground connections may be used. All wires (including, e.g., AC power lines, telephone lines, signal/data lines, coaxial cable, etc.) leading into the protected equipment must first pass through a single Covered Surge Protection Product, and may not exceed the number of products or include products not of a type for which the particular Covered Surge Protection Product was designed as specified in the applicable technical Spec Sheets furnished by Company, available with the Covered Surge Protection Product or on the Company’s websites (“Documentation”). The Covered Surge Protection Product and the equipment to be protected must be indoors in a dry location, and in the same building. Company installation instructions and diagrams must be followed.
CAUTION: Audio/Video, computer and/or telephone system installations can be very complex systems, which consist of many interconnected components. Due to the nature of electricity and surges, a single protector may not be able to completely protect complex installations. In those cases, a systemic approach using multiple protectors must be employed. Systemic protection requires professional design. AC power, satellite cables, CATV cables, or telephone/network lines entering the system that do not pass through this Covered Surge Protection Product will render this Policy null and void. For additional information on how to protect your system, please contact Company before connecting your equipment to the Covered Surge Protection Product.
3. NOTIFICATION: You must notify Company within 14 days of any event precipitating a request for product replacement or payment for connected equipment damage. A product incident report (PIR) must be obtained from the Company Customer Relations Department at www.snapav.com/support, completed and returned to the Company within 14 days of the event that damaged you believe damaged your equipment. At the time that you make a PIR with Company, you must notify Company if you believe you have a claim for damaged connected equipment.
Once you obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number from the Company, please mark the number on the bottom of the Covered Surge Protection Product and pack it in a shipping carton/box with enough packing material to protect it during transit. The RMA number must also be clearly marked on the outside of the carton. Ship the Covered Surge Protection Product to Company at address provided. Please note that you are responsible for any and all charges related to shipping the Covered Surge Protection Product to Company.
If connected equipment damage was indicated on your RMA request, Company will request the make and model of all connected equipment, a connection diagram of your system, as well as other information and documentation based on the extent of the request for product replacement or payment for connected equipment damage. All requests by Company are to be completed and returned within 30 days of the request. Be sure to note its configuration before disconnecting your equipment.
4. DETERMINATION OF FAILURE: Company will evaluate the Covered Surge Protection Product for surge damage. The Covered Surge Protection Product must show signs of surge damage or must be performing below the product’s specifications relative to its surge protection capability. Opening the enclosure, tampering with, or modifying the Covered Surge Protection Product in any way shall be grounds for an automatic denial of your request for payment. Company, after evaluating all information provided, shall, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not the request is eligible for payment.
If the Covered Surge Protection Product shows no signs of AC power or signal line surge damage and is working within design specifications, Company will return the Covered Surge Protection Product to you explaining the test results and notifying you of the rejection of your claim. Company reserves the right to inspect the damaged connected equipment, parts, or circuit boards. Please note that you are responsible for any and all charges related to shipping the damaged equipment to Company. Company also reserves the right to inspect the customer’s facility. Damaged equipment deemed uneconomical to repair must remain available for inspection by Company until the claim is finalized.
5. REQUEST PAYMENTS: Once Company has determined that you are entitled to compensation, Company will, at its sole discretion, pay you the present fair market value of the damaged equipment, pay for the cost of the repair, send you replacement equipment, or pay the equivalence of replacement equipment, up to an aggregate maximum dollar amount that is listed on the Covered Surge Protection Product Page on Company’s website under the Connected Equipment Guarantee (https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/power) or, if none, $25,000.
6. OTHER INSURANCE/WARRANTIES: The coverage provided pursuant to this Policy is secondary to any existing manufacturer's warranty, implied or expressed, or any insurance and/or service contract that may cover the loss.
7. EXCLUSIONS: This Policy does not apply to and does not provide coverage for service charges, installation costs, reinstallation costs; setup costs; diagnostic charges; periodic checkups; routine maintenance; loss of use of the product; costs or expenses arising out of reprogramming or loss of programming and/or data; shipping charges or fees; service calls; loss or damage occasioned by fire, theft, flood, wind, accident, abuse or misuse, and products subject to manufacturer's recall or similar event. All other limitations of liability and limitations of remedies contained in the Limited Hardware Warranty and not explicitly modified herein continue to apply to these Policy terms.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Will be in accordance with the Legal Procedures outlined in the Limited Hardware Warranty.
9. GENERAL: If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact the Company Customer Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.